Thursday, February 21, 2013

PCIExpress GPU Arrival

Good Afternoon,

CPU Upgrade Project in the making...

Here is my first problem. AGP is dead... I'll need a PCI-Express solution for the Video Interface if I buy a new motherboard (I'm still trying the recover the previous setup with an new AGP motherboard).

ArcadeVGA 3000 from Ultimarc is a very good solution, but a little bit expensive (around 80€).

I was using Calimity's Drivers (CRT_EmuDriver), 64bit version in XP64, and it worked great with a PowerColor Radeon ATI HD 3650 512MB AGP! I remember asking Calimity in BYOAC for the 64-bit driver, and after a few supporters of my idea posting the same wish, Calimity kindly compiled this version. Calimity, thank you so much!
It should also be Ok with Soft15Khz, a great piece of Software created by SailorSat, that I used on previous setups.

So, I bought from DealExtreme a Brand-New-Chinese ATI Radeon HD4350 (less than 29€, ports free). The reason I chose this board is because Calimity developed the 32 and 64-bit drivers using similar Hardware (GPU HD4350).

I'll try this card during the weekend and post the results here.
Here is a photo of the Board (it says nVidia on the BOX, but it's an ATI Radeon :-) ).



No comments:

Post a Comment