Thursday, February 7, 2013

UMSA Testing

The Cabinet's original PC (AMD Sempron 3000+, 2GB RAM) died a few weeks ago, so I tested the UMSA with an old MAME setup (Pentium IV 1,5 GHz, 384MB of RAM and an old ArcadeVGA2 AGP from Ultimarc), running Windows XP 32, using advanceMame 0.106 (I still have this great Rom Set!). 
The system disk is a 16GB Compact Flash with Windows XP32, connected to the motherboard with an IDE-CF adapter. The ROM set is inside an USB Flash disk. Here is a picture of the hardware inside the cabinet, and the UMSA.


I see a better image with UMSA than I saw with my old VGA->SCART cable. All the horizontal games I tested sync great with my BEKO TV (NTSC/PAL60), using their original resolutions. Here is a picture of XP (640x480@60Hz).


Here is a snapshot of Altered Beast (Great Picture in 320x224!).


This hardware is not the best for recent builds of MAME (>0.106). The hardware was gathered for a Small (maybe BarTop) Cabinet project, dedicated to 4-way vertical games. I have a few SCART TV's that are great for this project, i'm still in the planning phase. 

I'm waiting for an AsRock K8F3-VSTA Motherboard (a friend that as a retail shop had one lost in the warehouse, I'm getting it next week), to replace my burnt one.
I ordered a new AMD 64 3200+ CPU from eBay (5 USD), that already arrived. I hope that the RAM (2GB) is still OK...
After assembling everything, I'll try to recover my previous setup (Windows XP 64, with GroovyMAME and Maximus Arcade), and give a try on GroovyArcade Linux Distribution.

2 comments:

  1. Perdigão, foste tu que montaste de raiz?Muito fixe. Vejo que ainda tens a paixão pelo arcade. Lembras-te de irmos para as palmeiras para a sala de jogos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claro que sim :-) Na das Palmeiras dentro do Centro Comercial e na da cave também.
    Montei de raiz, mas ainda vou melhorar umas funcionalidades.

    ReplyDelete